Sleep Disorder or Insomnia can be a really tricky thing. It’s annoying as hell. One thing in the world you can’t do is force yourself into sleep. Sleeping pills can help. Although people have reservations about sleeping pills, they can actually help. The trick is to use them for a short time. As soon as you can bring your body back to a normal condition, you should quit. When it comes to sleeping pills, Ambien or Zolpidem is considered the safest. In this article, we’ll learn all about Zolpidem. Let’s begin our Ambien FAQ.
What is Ambien?
Ambien falls under a class of drugs called “Sedative-hypnotics”. In other words, it helps you fall asleep really fast. It is used for patients who have trouble falling asleep. Ambien is considered one of the safest sleeping pills with minimal side effects.
How does Ambien work?
Zolpidem produces a calming effect in the brain by increasing the flow of Dopamine, a neurotransmitter. There is nothing to worry about. Dopamine is a naturally occurring brain chemical that signals the brain to shut down excessive activities. When the brain can relax, the body can also relax and as a result, you fall asleep naturally.
What are the dosages of Ambien?
There are two dosages available in the market:
- Ambien 5mg: These are oval-shaped maroon or orange-colored pills and usually prescribed to teen to adults under 30. Ambien 5mg is not very common.
- Ambien 10mg: These are also oval-shaped pill but have white colors. Ambien 10mg is the most commonly prescribed for average adults. Doctors usually prescribe to take one Ambien 10mg a day.
At Blue Cross Online Pharmacy, we have a stock of really good quality Ambien 10mg which you can buy online.
What is the best time to take Ambien?
Ambien is a sleeping pill and it acts fast, so you should take it only before you fall asleep or at your bedtime. Remember that you should have at least 7-8 hours to sleep. If you have less time to sleep (Like 3-4 hours) and you wake up, you might feel some lack of coordination or lightheadedness after you have woken up after an Ambien induced sleep.
How does it feel after taking Ambien?
It feels like what you should feel after you have taken any other sleeping pills. It is a calm and cool feeling in your brain. You also start to feel tired all over your body and would not want to move. Your eyes start to get heavy and you feel peaceful, and you can fall asleep. These feelings are probably the reason why people may get addicted to Ambien after long-term use.
What are Ambien side effects?
What makes Zolpidem special is its very minimal side-effects. However, all medications have some. As I have mentioned before, you should have at least 7-8 hours to sleep before you take Ambien. If someone wakes you up before you complete the 7-8 deep sleep, you may experience temporary side effect mentioned below:
- Lack of muscle coordination: You may not be able to walk properly or in a straight line.
- Temporary memory loss: Right after someone has woken you up, you may not remember where you are or what day or date it is. If you have any important appointment, you may not remember what it is. Although your memory may come back after a strong cup of coffee. Yet, it is advisable that you complete your 7-8 hour sleep.
- Dizziness: You may feel dizzy or lightheadedness.
Moderate Side Effects:
These may occur if you have been taking Ambien for a very long time. Yet, it is relatively safe and you can overcome them with ease. Moderate side-effects include:
- Agitation: Patients may feel agitated if they have to stay awake for a long time. The “Feel-good”, and the relaxed vibe of Ambien makes the patient want to take some Ambien and go to sleep.
- Dry Mouth: It is common every time you take a medication that involves brain chemicals. The increase of any brain chemical in the body tends to dehydrate it. You can just drink plenty of water to solve this problem.
- Headache: It’s not very common, but it could happen for some people. The most important thing to remember here is that Ambien is a sleeping pill. Irregularities occur when a person takes Ambien but is not able to sleep properly. You must sleep well after taking your sleeping pill.
Severe Side Effects:
Originally Zolpidem was designed for short term treatment for insomnia or other forms of sleep disorders. It was never intended for long-term use. Once your body has found the sleeping rhythm, you should automatically be able to sleep without it. However, some people do get dependent and take it for a long time. The following are some severe side effects after long-term use of Zolpidem.
- Loss of muscle coordination: A long term user can face this issue. Due to the presence of one type of chemical in the brain for a long time, the other types of chemicals can’t be there (Our brain has limited capacity). This may cause a lack of coordination in the muscle where a patient can’t move a hand or leg the way he/she wants.
- Lightheadedness: The patient may not be able to think about anything. This can result in temporary memory loss. It can also happen that the patient loses the ability to solve a simple problem.
- Constipation: This is due to the dehydration. If the patient is dry-mouthed and doesn’t drink sufficient water for a long time, constipation can occur.
- Vomiting: An imbalanced brain can induce vomiting.
Consult your doctor immediately if you have these severe side-effects.
How to overcome Ambien side effects?
It is quite easy to overcome Ambien side effects if the patients follow the doctor’s recommendations. It also helps if you have the right knowledge on how Ambien works in the body, which we have already provided here in this article. Following are several steps you can take to create a balance in your body:
- Take Ambien for only 2 weeks. After that, your body should be able to adjust to your sleep-awake cycle. That means your body will be trained to sleep and wake up at a certain time of the day. Therefore, after 2 weeks, you should stop.
- Do some physical exercise after you have woken up and have a healthy breakfast. This also energizes the body and flushes out any chemical that still remains in the body as you sweat. This way, you give your body a clean start and gain muscle coordination.
- Drink water frequently. It also helps flush out the drugs out of your system. At the same time, it helps with the dry-mouth issue and constipation problem.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages at night or when you know that you are going to take Ambien. The presence of alcohol can have an adverse effect and Zolpidem doesn’t work properly with alcohol in the blood. It might prompt you to take more Ambien, which is not advisable.
- As we have mentioned many times that after you have taken Ambien, you have to sleep. Make sure your family members know it and don’t wake you up in the middle. Most of the side effects happen because the person isn’t able to complete the 8-hour sleep.
Are there possibilities of Ambien addiction?
Yes, there are. All sleeping pills can have addiction problems. It is not physical, but rather psychological. It can become a mental dependency that unless you take your medication, you won’t be able to sleep. That is not exactly true. After 2 weeks of treatment, you should be able to sleep on time without any help for the medication.
The second thing that happens is the addiction to the “Feel Good” effect of Ambien. It calms the nerves and makes you feel light. As a result, patients can start to seek that “Feel Good” vibe. You can also achieve the same thing with proper exercise and diet. In Addition, you can drink a cup of chamomile tea before you go to bed.
How to overcome Ambien addiction?
If you do believe that you are addicted to Ambien, the first thing you should do is admit it. At least, you can tell your close friends or family members. It is never a bad idea to seek help.
As we mentioned earlier that the addiction is mostly mental. Either the patient starts to think that the medication is necessary to fall asleep or he/she seeks that “Feel Good” experience over and over again. Mental addiction can be tackled at home by encouraging the patient to get involved in different social activities. It simply reminds the patient that there are other “Feel Good” stuff out there. You may also see a psychologist if the mental dependency is serious.
If physical withdrawal symptoms occur, you must seek the help of a doctor or a rehab nearby. There are medical ways to flush out the drug from the system. Furthermore, joining a support group helps.
Read our Ambien Addiction and Treatment Article for more details.
Why is Ambien the safest sleeping pills?
The reason is simple. Ambien doesn’t produce any external chemicals in the body. Rather, it works with the chemicals that naturally occur. It simply increases the flow of the chemicals that help the body to relax.
Another reason why it is the safest is that it is generally prescribed for a short time. 1-2 weeks should be enough to get your body into the regular sleeping habit. You shouldn’t overdo it. If you do, it’s on you.
Do I need a prescription for Ambien?
Yes, you do. In general, a regular pharmacy won’t give you the drug if you do not have a prescription. However, you can always buy Ambien online without a prescription. Yet, be careful when you order Ambien online. You must find a reliable online pharmacy such as Blue Cross Online Pharmacy. Otherwise, you may end up with low-quality Ambien and not the real ones.
How can I get a prescription for Ambien?
If you are having sleep issues such as insomnia, you should see a Sleep Specialist and explain the problem to him/her. That’s the easiest way to get a prescription for Ambien. If you do not want to get to a doctor, you can still order Ambien online without a prescription.
Can I buy Ambien online without a Prescription?
You most certainly can although it is always a good idea to have a prescription. Now, you might be wondering how that can be legal. The way it works is that an online pharmacy will always ship from the order from a different country which is outside of your local jurisdiction. That way the order is legal. No local pharmacy is legally allowed to sell prescription medication to a local patient without a prescription. That means that if there is an online or a regular pharmacy that sells Ambien online or offline within the USA and offers a US to US shipping, that is definitely a sign that they are illegal operators. You should always buy Ambien online from an international vendor like Blue Cross Online Pharmacy.
How can I buy Ambien in the USA?
The USA has the toughest drug enforcement laws. However, many suffer because they lost their health insurance, and medication prices are high. That’s why most of the online medications are sold to the USA. If you are a US citizen, you can easily buy Ambien online from Blue Cross Online Pharmacy. We ship it to the USA from a different country so the transaction is legit.
How can I Buy Ambien in the UK?
Although the UK health care system is much better, they still lack the ability to get the medications at a low price. UK is also a big market for online medications. Again, you can buy Ambien online even from UK at Blue Cross Online Pharmacy. It’s legal.
How long does it take for the Ambien to be delivered?
After we have confirmed the payment, we whip within 24 hours and generate the tracking number and email it to our customers so that they can track it. There are two types of shipments available:
- Standard Shipment: It takes about 10-12 days and costs $30.00
- Express Shipment: It takes about 4-6 days and costs $80.00
The delivery period is based on the major American and European cities. If the customer doesn’t live in a major city, the delivery period may vary for a day or two.
North American Major Cities are Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Los Angeles, Sn. Francisco, Chicago, Las Vegas, Washington DC, Dallas, Austin, and Seattle.
European Major Cities are London, Manchester, Glasgow, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, and Moscow.
How do I pay for my Ambien online?
There are both regular methods and alternative methods of payment.
- Regular Methods: Credit Card or PayPal are the regular payment methods and are good for people with prescriptions. These methods are not very secure since part of the customer information becomes available to PayPal or your credit card provider (Master or Visa)
- Alternative Methods: Alternative methods include Western Union, Moneygram, Xoom, and Bitcoin. These are secure payment methods and ideal for customers without a prescription. You can still use your credit cards, but Alternative Methods allow the customers to pay anonymously and avoids government entanglements. This allows us to process orders faster. Also, all Alternative payment methods come with 10%-20% discounts. Bitcoin is probably the best. You can learn how to use and pay with Bitcoin on our “How to Set Up a Bitcoin Wallet” article.
Is there a money back guarantee?
Blue Cross Online Pharmacy has Money-Back Guarantee as a fair practice. There are two situations where Money-Back Guarantee applies:
- If the medications are unsatisfactory: That is not really possible because our Ambien 10mg is original and branded.
- If the package gets lost, damaged, held by the customs: We are 99.8% efficient in packing and shipping. That means there is only a 0.2% (2 packages in 1000) that it can happen. If it does, we either reship for free or give the customer a full refund. You can read our Terms and Conditions page for more details.
Can breastfeeding mothers take Ambien?
Not a good idea. Zolpidem passes through breast-milk and can have an adverse effect on the baby. Please consult a doctor to be sure. You may schedule when to breastfeed and when to take Ambien.
Can pregnant women take Ambien?
Also not a good idea. The baby in the womb would get a small dosage if a pregnant mother takes Ambien.
Can heart patients take Ambien?
In some cases, yes. If a patient is suffering from overactivity of the heart such as hypertension and high blood pressure, it is safe to take Ambien. However, if the patient suffers from a weaker heart, Zolpidem is not advisable. All sleeping pills tend to slow down heart rates.
Can I take Ambien with Alcohol?
Not a good idea! Alcohol tends to slow down heart rates and Ambien does the same thing. The combination of the two can be dangerous. There are also some types alcohol that have an “Upper” effect which won’t let you sleep well. Therefore, avoid alcohol while you are taking Ambien.
Can I take Ambien with other drugs?
It depends on the conditions. Your doctor can help you with that. Most of the time, it depends on the reason for insomnia. For example, if the doctor finds that the reason for your sleeplessness is some sort of anxiety or depression, then Ambien can be prescribed together with an antidepressant such as Xanax or Valium.
Can I take Ambien with Marijuana?
Not a good idea as well! Both can slow your heart rate to a condition where you won’t be able to move.
Can I work under the influence of Ambien?
Don’t try it. The purpose of this medication is to make you fall asleep so avoid all sorts of work including driving or operating heavy machinery under the influence. Take it and go straight to bed.
More and more people are becoming health conscious. Take your medications responsibly and if you need to buy Ambien online, we are here to make it easy for you. This concludes the Ambien FAQ. You can contact us or leave a comment if you have any more questions and we’ll be happy to include the question and answer in this article.