Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most commonly diagnosed mental disorders for children and as well as adults. It is usually noticeable during childhood and lasts up until adulthood. Symptoms include inattention, hyperactivity and, impulsiveness.
Causes of ADHD
According to scientists, there are no specific causes of ADHD. However there several factors that may lead to it including:
- Chemical imbalance
- Premature delivery
- Brain injury or brain disorder
- Poor nutrition
- Smoking, alcohol use, or drug use during pregnancy
- Exposure to environmental toxins at a young age like lead
There is no proof that sugar causes ADHD. It is also not caused by watching too much TV, food allergies or poor home life. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder cannot be cured but early diagnosis of symptoms of ADHD can be helpful in managing it.
What are the Symptoms of ADHD?
Symptoms in Children
It is divided into three categories: inattention, hyperactivity, impulsivity.
- Gets easily distracted and doesn’t pay attention
- Doesn’t follow directions and doesn’t appear to be listening
- Problems with organizing and finishing tasks
- Forgets about daily activities and loses things
- Have a tendency to day dream
- Excessive talking
- Doesn’t stay seated and often squirms, fidgets
- Always moving and has trouble playing silently
- Problems waiting for his or her turn
- Disturbs others
- Utters out answers
- Symptoms in Adults
Symptoms of ADHD in adults may vary and change as a person gets older. It may include the following:
- Low self-esteem
- Substance abuse
- Difficulty controlling anger
- Trouble concentrating and easily frustrated
- Anxiety, may also lead to depression
- Mood swings
- Relationship problems
These symptoms don’t mean necessarily that a person has ADHD. It can be a symptom of other disabilities or disorders.
What are the Treatments for ADHD?
ADHD can be managed with medication and therapy.
Stimulants are used to reduce hyperactivity, impulsivity and increase their ability to focus on work, school, and life. These medications may include the following:
- Amphetamine (Dyanavel and Adzenys XR ODT)
- Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)
- Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin)
It is a medication used to treat symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) including impulsivity and distractibility among teens, children, and adults. This medication works by restoring the balance of neurotransmitters in the brain. Therefore, people develop focus and longer span of attention.
Ritalin is an excellent medication for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). It works by manipulating certain brain chemicals giving the users the feeling of freshness and precision. Thus, it helps people focus and perform better at their tasks. Although other dosages are available, the most common for adults in Ritalin 2mg. You can find it at a regular pharmacy or you can buy Ritalin online from Blue Cross Online Pharmacy.
Adderall consists of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. This combination-medication is popular for the treatment of Attention Deficiency Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or ADD. Adderall is a stimulant. Hence, it helps release necessary hormones and nutrients in the body to bring back the attention and focus. Doctors prescribe Adderall 30mg more frequently than the other dosages. You can buy Adderall 30mg online at Blue Cross Online Pharmacy.
This treatment focuses on changing the behavior and helping the patient cope with daily life. Psychotherapy or Counseling can help someone with ADHD in learning how to manage their emotions. It also helps in improving their self-worth.
- Special education helps a child learn at school
- Behavior modification imparts ways to replace bad behavior with good ones.
- Social training skills can teach behaviors
The right treatment helps in aiding and managing ADHD. Both parents and teachers can teach younger kids to get better at managing their attention, behavior, and emotions. As they grow older, kids would be able to learn to improve their own attention and self-control.